To create the Brick Road Old Dark Ale, Brick Road searched the world to find the best maltster to create this exceptional hopped wort. Only the finest grains are selected and malted. Malts are blended to suit the beer style, then mashed with hop extracts to create hopped wort. The fresh wort is gently reduced to 80 Brix before being canned fresh on-site to retain its original delicious malt flavours.
Additional Ingredients Required:
For a classic Old Dark Ale add 1.5kg Brick Road Light malt extract (OR Amber or Dark for extra colour). For a lighter version add 1kg Brick Road Light Dry malt extract (OR Amber or Dark for extra colour).
Add 500g of lactose for extra sweetness without more alcohol.
Looking for a food match? The Brick Road Old Dark Ale Goes Well With…
1. Roasted Lamb: The rich, savory flavors of roasted lamb will complement the toasty and caramel notes of the Brick Road Old Dark Ale.
2. Beef Pie: A classic beef pie, with its rich gravy and tender meat, is a natural match for the beer’s robust maltiness and medium hop bitterness.
3. Grilled Portobello Mushrooms: For a vegetarian option, grilled portobello mushrooms can echo the earthy, rich flavors in the ale.
4. Pork Ribs: The sweetness of the BBQ sauce and the smokiness of the ribs will pair wonderfully with the caramel and toasty notes of the Brick Road Old Dark Ale.
5. Steak: A well-seasoned steak, particularly with a slightly charred exterior, will complement the robust flavors of the ale, with the caramelized crust of the steak mirroring the beer’s caramel maltiness.