In this policy we refer to Home Brew Republic as “we”, “us” or “our”.
By using our website (http://www.homebrewrepublic.co.nz) participating in our database, interacting with us on social media or interacting with our customer services, you acknowledge that your personal information will be treated as described in this policy.
This policy explains the following:
- Personal information
- Types of personal information we collect
- Collection of personal information
- Use of personal information
- If we are not able to collect personal information
- Use of personal information for Marketing
- Disclosure of personal information
- Protection of personal information
- Right to access or correct your personal information
In this policy, “personal information” means the same as it does in the Privacy Act 2020 (“Privacy Act”). In general terms, this includes any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name, address and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses).
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Mailing or street address,
- Email address,
- Telephone number;
- Information that is available through social media
- Details of the products and services you have purchased from us
- Any additional personal information that you provide to us directly or indirectly through our website; and
- Information you provide to us through our customer service staff.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do this in a variety of ways, including when you:
- Purchase products or services from us
- Access and use our website and communications,
- Call, email or interact with our customer services
- Interact with us on social media
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to enable us to perform our business activities and to provide the best possible customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide products and services to you
- To provide you with information or advice about existing and new products
- To communicate with you and process your requests, including to interact with you via social media
- To manage and enhance our products and services
- To conduct business processing functions for the operation of our website or our business, for our administrative, marketing, promotional, planning and product/service development.
- As otherwise required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act)
Your personal information will be held for us in the data centres, platforms and systems of our third-party providers, some of which may be located outside of New Zealand.
Your personal information will not be sold, rented or disclosed, other than as described withing this policy or as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act)
IF WE ARE NOT ABLE TO COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you choose not to provide us with the personal information described within this policy, then we may not be able to provide you with the product you have requested, we may not be able to provide you with information about products or services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions or we may not be able to tailor our content, website and communications for your preferences.
- To recognise your computer or device
- To keep track of products or services you view, so that we can send you, directly or through third parties, news about those products or services or other similar or related products or services we think you may be interested in
- To measure traffic patterns, to determine which areas of our websites have been visited, and to measure transaction patterns in the aggregate
- To operate our website efficiently with a high level of functionality
- To measure the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives
- To learn about your preferences so that we can present you with web content and advertising that is relevant to you
- To produce data on web traffic and customer web activity through our website
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR MARKETING
We use personal information to provide you with information or advice about our existing and new products and services.
If at any stage, you no longer wish to receive these marketing communications you may unsubscribe by using the link in any promotional email, logging into your account and changing your preference.
Please note that if you unsubscribe from any of our marketing databases, you may still receive important product and service-related communications from us.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where we engage third parties to undertake services for us or on our behalf, we may provide those third parties with some of your personal information if it is required to fulfil those services and only to the extent required to fulfil those services. Examples of such third party providers may include, but is not limited to:
- Service providers such as web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, couriers or payment processors
- Software providers such as customer relationship management and accounting software.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access or modification. If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone and that you do not use the same password on a different website or application.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
RIGHT TO ACCESS OR CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your request will be processed in accordance with the Privacy Act.
If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others, or if it breaches legal professional privilege. If that happens, in most circumstances we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may ask us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment and will not charge for making any amendments. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it. Registered users of our website can access and update their user details online. We request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we have the most accurate and up to date information available to us.