Only the finest grains are selected and malted. Malts are blended to suit the beer style, then mashed with hop extracts to create hopped wort. The fresh wort is gently reduced to 80 Brix before being canned fresh on-site to retain its original delicious malt flavours.
Additional Ingredients Required:
For an APA, we recommend you add 1.5kg Brick Road Light malt extract.
To add more piney, earthy hop aromas, dry hop up to 200g of other American ‘C’ hops like Cascade, Centennial, or Colombus. Or for more tropical or stonefruit characters, add Galaxy, Nelson Sauvin or Motueka hops.
Looking for a food match? The Brick Road Cascade APA Goes Well With…
1. Fish and Chips: The citrus notes from the Brick Road Cascade APA can cut through the greasiness, enhancing the crispness of the battered fish.
2. Roast Lamb: The rich malty flavour complements the savory taste of lamb, while the citrus undertones work well with the herby crust or mint sauce typically served with this Kiwi classic.
3. Sweet Potato/Kumura Fries: Their sweet flavour and crispy texture are a great match for the APA’s grapefruit finish and malty backbone.
4. Kiwi Burger: A classic New Zealand burger with beetroot and a fried egg will go nicely with the beer’s balanced maltiness and citrus hop profile.
5. Cheese Scones: Serve these fresh with butter for an afternoon snack to enjoy with the rich and citrusy notes of the APA.